Creative Musings of a Needlework Designer

Friday, January 8, 2010

Week One - part two

I've decided to try my hand at Romanian point lace. It is slow going because for some reason my hands want to cramp all the time. I do a few stitches and then rest and so on ..... My first project will just be a simple bookmark to practise the stitches. I'll probably just design my own since I haven't found any patterns I like. I am following "Romanian Point Lace" by Angela Thompson & Kathleen Waller. I had done a little practice piece of the braid about a year ago and couldn't remember how to crochet it. I found the instructions unclear, fortunately I found online a website that had much better diagrams. I've printed it off and keep it with the book. Here is the link http://lace.lacefairy.com/Lace/International/Romaniacord.gif
I've included a photo of the crocheted braid.

I've been pouring over the internet collecting photos of Marie Antoinette. She has inspired me to design something ..... still working on several ideas .... but let me just say they involve shoes, cake and big hair! Till we meet again ..... au revoir mes amis ....

No comments:

Post a Comment