Creative Musings of a Needlework Designer

Friday, April 12, 2013

Well I feel Spring is finally here. In celebration I have donned my cheery striped socks. I received these from my sister Lynne. I think they just fit the bright mood the warmer weather has brought. The last few weeks I have been pretty busy with  .... work, gardening, stitching and some stressful health issues affecting friends and family. I received this gorgeous bouquet from my best friend. I visited with her and her son when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I am happy to say the tumor is cancer free and we are praying it will not continue to grow.
My rhubarb is doing very well .... I am looking forward to eating some this year. I also planted my herb wheel  ..... so I am hoping the deer leave some for me.
We received our chicks yesterday! 24 of 26 survived the journey. They are a nice mix of heritage breeds, including Americanas, Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps and a few others I am not 100% able to identify. You don't get to choose the combination .... so I guess we shall see. You also receive them un-sexed so I am really hoping we have mostly hens.
I still have not had a chance to sew together the crazy quilt pears I cut out ...... but as you can see from the new photo the project has mushroomed. My friends have been giving me their scraps and I now have 19 pears cut out. I think today maybe the day I sew a few together...... I am just dying to embellish them. I also started a new sampler .... "Boris" by Plum Street. He is such a cute little dog I am enjoying stitching him. "Olga" and "Sergei" are kitted and waiting for their turn. :)
I have also included a photo of some of my female relatives. I want to make a crazy quilt incorporating their photos. I have been so inspired by all the beautiful photos online and can't wait to get started! Till next time ....







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog Betty. I could not reply to your comment so am leaving this. I got the cameos from here http://www.cameojewelrysupply.com/. Lovely little chicks!

    ReplyDelete