Creative Musings of a Needlework Designer

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A New Year 2015

Well I see allot has happened since my last post. My dearest friend lost her son to brain cancer. What a great loss. He was a real trooper right up until the end. I can't even imagine losing one of my children .... even though they are all grown and flown so to speak. I have included a photo of Scott and me just after his first surgery. <3 p="">I am on a bit of a creative journey these days. Enjoying the online class of Karen Ruane. She is such a wonderful inspiration and mentor. I go to bed every night with a million ideas dancing in my head and awake the same way. I look forward to making notes, sketching and experimenting with my stitching. You can check her blog here http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/
I have included two of my ledger pages from her class.
I am busy preparing to teach my Button class in April. Not sure if anyone will sign up but I am having fun experimenting. Here are some of my singleton buttons for display.
 I am also trying to finish a challenge for the Northwest Sampler Guild in time for their yearly tea. I won't be attending but I can still participate. Participants received beautiful Gloriana silk threads and ribbon in very sizes and types and then have to stitch something with them. I chose a bookmark and will include some of my buttons on it. Photo to come upon it's completion.



No comments:

Post a Comment